Saturday 21 August 2010

Educating Education

Hello Cyberspace. I'm back.

At present my primary area of interest at present is educational and parenting theory, mainly because I recently married and intend to have children in the medium term. As such I want to be clear in my mind, and my wife’s of course, how we ought to bring up and educate our children. I am also interested in the area due to its titanic effects on the minds of the nation whether for good or ill and I soon may be a cause of such effects in a formal capacity. Therefore I have a reading list of about eleven books ranging from Dewey’s Democracy and Education to Plato’s discussion of education in The Republic, for which I will endeavour to write chapter summaries, so you can make up your own mind about the concepts, and then a review at the end.

No comments: